Indice del forum

apicoltura
Indice del forum

discussioni di apicoltura

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

Invitation for the Small Hive Project - build a small hive
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Tecniche apistiche
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
smallhiveproject

italy
MessaggioInviato: Ven Set 29, 2017 1:25 pm    Oggetto:  Invitation for the Small Hive Project - build a small hive
Descrizione:

Hello,
I am a French Warré hobbyist beekeeper and author of the Small Hive Project (
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
)
This non-commercial project is about a small horizontal hive that I designed for backyard beekeeping.
Starting from spring 2018, I will populate 4 copies of this hive and share my experience on the website.

You may wish to participate in the project by building your own copy of the hive. To do this, you may build it from scratch OR transform one of your Warré hives. Independent experimental data is necessary to evaluate the real potential of the hive design.

All necessary information is available on the project website.
New content will be added over the course of the project.
Stay tuned by subscrbing to the Newsletter on the website

The Hive has been designed to meet the following requirements:
- favor bee colony survival in low-input beekeeping situations (no Varroa treatment, no sugar feeding).
- adapted to rather small bee colonies of Apis Mellifera in environments dominated by agriculture (moderate nectar flow).
- suitable for comb honey production (Low productivity is acceptable, as long as sufficient for personal use.) easy to build and to manage.

Hive plans and more information are available on the website.

Feel free to comment the project.

Thank you!
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
davidesv

Admin

Media Voti Post: User is appraised 5.00 out of 5
Interessi: apicoltura

italy
MessaggioInviato: Mar Ott 10, 2017 3:51 pm    Oggetto:  
Descrizione:

Hi,

first of all, thanks for having submitted your project on our Beekeeping forum.
It is a pleasure to see that something to invent - or to re-shaped / enhanced - in beekeeping is still existing.
The concept beyond the project is going towards the right way : let's the bee works "wildly".
I hope that the results of such experience will surely gained, it would be integrated within the common beekeeping way-to-work.

Honestly I am not convice on the above stated requirement concerning Varroa treatment... I think that no matter the inner space of the hive where the bee colony is being housed could improve its diseases resistance. So, please , explain us why the Small hive should provide benefits for that ?
And, moreover, I am not sure about the lower impact to the colony from an agricultured enviroment.

Thanks for sharing :-)

Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Tecniche apistiche Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: